Monday 28 June 2021

Writing Games: Daza and Karen chatting in the lunchroom

 “Hey, what’s for lunch?” Karen sat next to her coworker.

“Mum made it, so not sure, but we had snags and mash last night, so I bet it’s that and some pav for dessert.”

Karen laughed. “When you moving out and getting a place of your own?”

“When I can get a real job.” Daza smirked. “My dad needs me. He lost his job and heads to the bottle-shop every day for more supplies. Mum wants him to see someone, but he won’t. I think he’s spent most of their savings at the TAB and pokies. I might be hanging around for a while supporting them.”

Karen placed a plastic sealed bag with a green chopped up plant inside. She pushed it toward Dazza.

“You’re kidding?” Dazza picked it up, weighing it in one hand, then the other.

“I sell it. It’ll be decriminilised eventually anyway. I can get you more and you can sell it and help out your oldies. I get a small cut and the rest to you. Win, win.”

No comments:

Post a Comment