Thursday 19 September 2013

More people need to step out of the box and make those chips fall where you damn-well want them to land.

If you're like me and don't walk with the other followers, then you'll appreciate the title to this post.
I decided umpteen years ago that I would take an original path and not be concerned with the way others did things. Actually, little did I realise at the time that it was completely out of my control anyway.

At the age of 16 and hearing about how everyone's parents were paying off a house for 30 years, and would probably never pay it off, I decided that I would work out a system to pay off my house quickly, then I wouldn't have the massive debt that everyone complained about.

How? I saved instead of getting a loan. Easy if you belong out of the box (as previously implied, I don't step out of the box, I was never in there in the first place). Fourteen years later I owned my own house.

Later, I wanted to write a novel (I have always written, but never something so immense). Three months later, novel written! Three years after that, I have learned how to edit so my book is actually readable and enjoyable and easily read. I wrote another two novels, have five more on the go and have many short stories available online.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E5I9W02
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/347897?ref=matclarke

Now if I can just talk a publisher into liking my novels!

Other projects: 
Currently learning Objective-C to make Apps.
Making a zombie 30 second short.
Littering the internet with the name, Mat Clarke.

No comments:

Post a Comment