Wednesday 8 July 2015

Thriller Fest 2015 New York City

With so many things going on during this festival, it's hard to decide who to listen to. 

At the first event by Daniel Palmer, was the A-Z of writing thrillers. It was a great talk with some solid information. Much of what writers have heard before, and not the way I write. However, the clarity he delivered the information right from the start was amazing. 

Basically, he wanted you to make sure you were clear on your theme, your what if, your what (he called it the "rhino" Google that and the author's name for more info, who your main protagonist actually is, and then your uhuh moment. 

Second event I listened to Michael E Rose to talk about Interpol. Some great into on how it all works there. One main fact is: Interpol do not have guns, do not make arrests, and pretty much just deal in information from their offices.

Third one I won't mention, because I'm not listening because I don't think I'm interested. 
I think I might go track down another event...

No comments:

Post a Comment